Looking for assistance with Stellar App, and Skylinks

Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:49 pm

Hi,

I am trying to get 8 L5-C's, and 10 L7c's, to talk to the Stellar app, but I cant seem to do it. I logged into my base station, and made sure that the lights have RDM enabled.

I typically have the Skylink Base station attached to an ETC Ion XE 20 lighting board, with the station connected via the 5-pin DMX output to the board.

My question is, where am i going wrong? Should I change the broadcast mode FROM XLR to the wifi/ethernet option? I get the generic error when looking for ART-Net nodes, but I feel as if this is a skylink specific problem.

I appreciate any feedback.

Thanks,
Fix
Fixxer

Re: Looking for assistance with Stellar App, and Skylinks

Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:04 pm

bumping this myself, since i haven't seen any info on this particular setup w/o skypanels involved.

If anyone from the dev team has any info for me, im all ears!

-Fix
Fixxer

Re: Looking for assistance with Stellar App, and Skylinks

Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:25 am

Hi Fix,
The Skylink should indeed be set to WiFi/Ethernet when you wish to use Stellar. This setting defines which signal the Skylink uses to communicate to connected devices. This is also true if using SkyPanels in your setup. The base station will then act as your Artnet node.
Unfortunately the Skylink does not facilitate combining multiple sources such as a lighting console and Stellar.
Silvan Liu
Service ARRI East Asia Pacific
Silvan Liu

Return to Stellar App