ND filters stuck cycling

Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:56 pm

Has anyone had an issue with their ND filters cycling through? This is happening to me today and I'm getting an error message saying "-Error in ND filter module. Please try rebooting or contact serve." It especially seems to not want to settle on .6ND it will just go around and around adding ND over and over. I am about to contact service but wondering if anyone else had this issue. Thanks
Stout Film

Re: ND filters stuck cycling

Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:00 pm

Hi StoutFilm,

Please contact your nearest Service Center for assistance.
https://www.arri.com/support/technical_ ... a_systems/

Best regards,
Mathias
Mathias Lischke

Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:16 pm

This is happening to me as well. Nearest ARRI service centre is in LA. It would be nice to be able to schedule an appointment since coming from abroad you can't really ship the camera from a country in Latin America.... :?
dasjerome

Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:23 am

Me as well.
VERY disappointed in this. This has occurred after the media errors issue just a few weeks ago.
$90K on a camera that has two MAJOR issues. I have a hard time feeling confident about this product. I have never had these issues with Sony, Panasonic, Canon, Red. I'm at my wits end here.
Emails in to Arri, I guess I'll see what they say.
Try to make a living with a defective camera. I dare you.
H.
Harry Clark

Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:57 am

It's an expensive fix. Basically the ND's are held in place with magnets and they can misalign. Arri seals the ND filter cage to the sensor so you have to replace the sensor. They usually replace it with a refurbished sensor to keep the cost down but its still several thousand dollars to repair.

Be careful as mine was replaced and failed just over a year later and just out of warranty. I complained and they were helpful but if your ND's sound weird compared to your originals ones I would make note and notify them to cover yourself incase they break again.

It is a poor design, its slow, its noisy and in my opinon unreliable. Its astounding they carried the design into the Mini LF.
Michael L

Return to ALEXA Mini and ALEXA Mini LF