Mini LF boot up failing

Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:08 am

Hi

About every 3 or 4 power cycles, my Mini LF hangs on start up. It displays a color chart in the view finder and the power button flashes. After a restart by holding power button for 5 sec. the camera powers on as normal. I have the latest firmware installed.
Any thoughts.
Thanks in advance

Taylor
Taylor at Regent

Re: Mini LF boot up failing

Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:32 am

I have had this issue also. I think it's only happened to me when there has been a card in the camera. Did you have a card in the camera when you booted, and also, did you by any chance have media on the card that was at a different sensor resolution to the one you were using when you booted the camera?
Keidrych Wasley

Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:46 am

Thanks for the reply. This happens to me during the course of a day when we need to change batteries, lunch break etc. Same card same project settings. Happens on batteries and/or power supply. I'm pretty sure it happens when there is no card in the camera as well. Strange as it seemed like it was not happening much for a while and now its back with regularity. It is an added stress to a shoot where not needed. Wondering if this is the time it won't boot at all. Hoping its a software fix.

Taylor
Taylor at Regent

Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:03 am

Dear Taylor,

or everybody who experiences that issue:
In order for us to find out what causes that behaviour please create logfiles right after the issue occurrs and send them to digitalworkflow@arri.de.

You are on SUP v6.0.22, right?

Cheers,
Jan
Jan Heugel
Application Engineer
Jan Heugel

Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:33 pm

Hi Jan,

I've been sending my log files to Richard Hester at Arri UK. Do you have any info on what could be causing this eg is it potentially hardware related? Having a camera that at times doesn't want to boot can be pretty stressful.
Keidrych Wasley

Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:21 pm

Thanks Jan

Sending files to you now

Best

Taylor
Taylor at Regent

Mon May 03, 2021 8:53 pm

any update about this? im getting this problem right now
rizarefaldi