No Metadata No Rec709

General discussion
Nicos Ambatzis

Hi,
I am facing a problem with one of my clients who was using the Alexa Classic before and all the material was taken to the Premier without any Metadata or Rec709. Now with the Alexa mini, he has to take off from every shot all data (Rec709 Lut) because the timeline is too heavy and the editing system he has slowed down considerably. Is there any way to solve this problem? All suggestions will be welcomed. Thanks a lot.
Jan Heugel

Dear Nicos,

strictly speakting Premiere recognizes the look (-metadata) and auto-applies the lookfile. ALEXA Classic's "ARRI Look File 1" on the other hand has never been supported in Premiere.

Sadly the auto-applied lumetri effect on all clips of AMIRA and ALEXA Mini cannot be cleared as you are used to by selecting all clips and using the "remove all attributes" function.

Workaround:
- render Log C proxies in Resolve and use those for editorial
- remove the effect manually

Kind regards,
Jan
Jan Heugel
Application Engineer
Nicos Ambatzis

Thank you very much Jan for your help. Unfortunately my client do not want to use Resolve, as everybody else, and the problem remains. Thanks anyway. Regards, Nicos
Jan Heugel

Dear Nicos,

too bad.
Please consider to give your feedback via https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Best,
Jan
Jan Heugel
Application Engineer