Media Errors

General discussion
donfrasco

Thanks for the feedback and clarity, Fred.
Frederic Merten wrote:Hello all,
if the camera shows one of the messages ‘Recording stopped unexpectedly #138’ or ‘Camera has restarted due to technical problem #200’ it needs to be sent to the nearest ARRI service center.
If the camera shows the message ‘Connection to recording media is not working properly #100’ it can sometimes be resolved with a reboot. If the message persists, it needs to be looked at by an ARRI service center.
Unfortunately, there is no way to solve this issue on set. Please get in contact with an ARRI service center if one of these error messages should appear. Click here to find the next ARRI service center.

Best regards, Fred
Brian Hanson

Update to my issues.

Camera was returned to me 6/11/20.

Last Thursday 8/6/20 on set the camera displayed the following warning: "Sensor error occurred. Please reboot camera (#41)" and would no longer record despite displaying an image.

I shipped the camera body back to Arri New York this morning after sharing camera log info.

I really hope my camera comes back working this time. I love Arri but this is becoming very costly and is now impacting my working relationships.

Jan, any insight would be greatly appreciated.

I inquired about a loaner body but was denied so I am surprised to hear that others here were presented with that option.
Brian Hanson wrote:I had the same experience with a 3 month old mini LF.

Sent the body to Arri NY to have the following issues addressed:
"Replaced the CDVF print and the micro coax 40 pin cable.
Replaced both coax-lemo connectors for SI-0005."

George at Arri NY was very helpful and got the camera back quickly but I do hope that this gets resolved and others can avoid this issue.
donfrasco

I'm wondering - how long should the repair/service take?

I sent my Mini LF back late August, still waiting for any update from PH distributor/ARRI HK on when I'll get it back.

I've sent follow up emails. No feedback yet. Last update I got was Sep 2 confirming that ARRI HK have already received the items.
Silvan Liu

Hi Donfrasco, unfortunately the same supply constraints that caused a delay in shipping of new cameras had caused some backlog to service cases. This backlog is now rapidly being worked off.
I apologize that we have not communicated regarding the timeline with you. Your camera should be ready to be returned this week. Please also feel free to contact us directly at service[at]arri.asia if you have any further questions.
Silvan Liu
ARRI Service - Burbank, California
donfrasco

Silvan Liu wrote:Hi Donfrasco, unfortunately the same supply constraints that caused a delay in shipping of new cameras had caused some backlog to service cases. This backlog is now rapidly being worked off.
I apologize that we have not communicated regarding the timeline with you. Your camera should be ready to be returned this week. Please also feel free to contact us directly at service[at]arri.asia if you have any further questions.
Thanks for the update, Silvan! Can't wait to get it back! I hope the issue is resolved once and for all.
lukewheldon

We've just had the #200 error on one of our Alexa 35's (SUP 1.0.3). We've not upgraded the camera to 1.1 as we're in the middle of a big shoot. Should we update regardless, when we get a moment, or send the body back to the rental house?

I've emailed the log files to arri for further clarification.

2023-06-23 12:46:50.674935 alexa35-63428 xcom[462]: WARNING funmod_watchdog.c:140 Camera has restarted due to a technical problem. (#200)
Jan Heugel

Dear Luke,

let's see what our Service says.

Cheers,
Jan
Jan Heugel
Application Engineer