Mini LF Footage Won't Load

General discussion
Harry Clark

Hi there, I just shot a job, mostly in 3.8K UHD. We also shot a few plate shots 4.5K full frame (to give the editor room to reframe) This may have been a somewhat over-ambitious choice, because the editor can't seem to open the 4.5K files.
I also cannot open them (he and I are both running Premiere) and EditReady seems to stall during conversion and no frames get rendered. The thumbnail shows up in EditReady, so it would seem the footage is there. Resolve will load the clip, but I get a message that my GPU is full (I'm on an older laptop) and then it crashes.
All the other settings were common between the plate shots and the rest (Prores 4444, 23.98, all ISO and other camera settings)
I don't have the card in front of me but will go to my office and put the card back in the camera and check playback. Just maybe not today, due to some meetings and other commitments.
Any other ideas to open the files and convert? I have the backup drive in front of me...
Cheers,
Harry
Harry Clark

Just to follow up and mark as "solved".
I uploaded one of the files (the shortest one with me holding a Macbeth ) to my Dropbox and several other colleagues (a couple of post folks and a DIT) all open it successfully.
Additionally, I had Colin at Edit Ready take a look. Although the progress bar did not move, the program converted the file no problem.
And lastly, I had my AC power up the camera and play back all the files from the card with no errors.
So, mark it as solved; both I, and this particular editor, need to do some updating on the computer side of things. Me especially! :roll:
Cheers,
Harry
Jan Heugel

Dear Harry,

it mostly depends on the latest versions to support our quirky formats ;). We're in constand exchange with the big players but they have their own agenda and a certain user base which dictates the priority of features and bug fixes.

I'm glad it worked out, let us know if you run into any other issues.

Cheers,
Jan
Jan Heugel
Application Engineer