Alexa Mini, wcu-4 and Cooke mini S4/i

General discussion
LuigiTadiotto

Hi, i' ve got a problem with marks in wcu-4. The camera reads out the Lds from the lens, but i have no marks on the wcu4 only the focal length...
I tried to map the lens on the wcu4 for proper marks but it doesn't save the data... the screen of the wcu4 goes blank, and i don't find on lens programming nothing to edit...
Any solution? I'm doing something wring?
Guenter Noesner

Luigi,

there seems to be a bug in the ALEXA Mini with the Cooke lenses as it does not display the data correctly on the WCU-4.
Only way around is to create the lens table manually.
1. turn the lens 45 degrees so the contacts are not transmitting data, or tape off the contacts.
2. create your lens table.
3. the lens table needs to be saved to SD card in the WCU-4 (make sure the SD card is not write protected!)
4. transfer this file from the SD card (on a computer) to a USB stick that was formatted for the Mini. (you may have to create a folder called "LDA" where you drop your lens tables).
5. Then load the file into the ALEXA Mini, add it to the favorites and select it when you use the lens.

We hope in a future update this manual step will happen automatically.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Erik Andersson

Hello!

Is this only an issue with the combo Alexa Mini/Cooke or does it apply to the combo Alexa Plus/Cooke as well?

Regards,

Erik Andersson, 1st AC, Sweden
Guenter Noesner

it have seen it specifically on the Mini and don't know if this is an issue on the Alexa Plus but there are often issues with older Cooke /i protocols in the ALEXA Plus. If older S4/i lenses have firmware versions below 0.29 (10-bit S4/i Primes), 0.39 (12-bit S4/i Primes), 1.29 (10-bit S4/i zooms), 1.39 (12-bit S4/i zooms) they should be upgraded to newer versions.
You can use the Cooke Viewer Lens Display program available on the Cooke website: http://www.cookeoptics.com/i/itech.html
You need a power cable adapter to connect the lens to a computer.
Erik Andersson

Hello!

Has this issue regarding the Mini and Cooke /i been solved?

Regards,
Erik Andersson, 1st AC, Sweden