MoVI Pro to Arri Alexa Mini Adapter Plate - Who wants one?

General discussion
Moment_Pictures

Hey everyone,

we are a small film production company based in Munich/Germany and we are using our ARRI Alexa Mini on our MoVI Pro.
First off: I'm a huge fan of the MoVI Pro! Best handheld stabilizer out there!

But, when we unboxed our MoVI a while ago we had to realise that the mounting holes on the MAP-1 do not line up with the mounting possibilities of the MoVI mounting brackets.
The only solution provided from Freefly is a bundle of two mounting brackets and a carbon battery side mount for around 850€.

So we decided to produce our own adapter plates together with Airtime Unlimited GmbH.
And after a couple of shoots I must say they work perfectly fine and we thought it might make sense to check wether it makes sense to sell them or not.
Depending on you guys' feedback we could start production immediately.

Specs:

The plates are designed to be lightweight, strong, deliver the Arri quality standard, mount perfectly to the MoVI Pro plates and look nice ;-)

The upper plate is outfitted with 2x 1/4"-20 threads, the base plate has 2x 3/8" threads for maximum stiffness. They have "Top" and "Base" engravings on each side. They mount to the camera with the original, protected Arri M4 mounting screws.
MP-AM_Plate-3.jpg
MP-AM_Plate-4.jpg
MP-AM_Plate-5.jpg
You can use the original Freefly screws to mount the MoVI plates to our plates.
MP-AM_Plate-6.jpg
MP-AM_Plate-7.jpg
Our plates feature the original MAP-1 M4 threads on both sides to mount accessories like the BAP-1.
We found out, that the BAP-1 is the perfect mount for any Terradek or Paralynx transmitter and works as a counterweight for heavy lenses at the same time. (Pictures were taken before we anodized our prototypes)
MP-AM_Plate-1.jpg
MP-AM_Plate-2.jpg
The Plates have the same dimensions as Arri's original MAP-1s but are lighter and feature the elegant curves of the Alexa Mini. Btw: the finish is the exact same anodizing that Arri uses for all their accessories.
MP-AM_Plate-9.jpg
MP-AM_Plate-10.jpg
Alright, that's about all I can say about this couple.

If you think we should go in production you need to convince us and leave a lot of comments or write us a message ;-)
Our threshold is a minimum order quantity of 50 sets. Price tbd, but a lot cheaper than Freefly's alternative.

If you are missing any features let us know!

kind regards
Toni - Moment Pictures GmbH
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
joehomo187

I want one!
joe@euxmedia.com
derkrussell

I am interested? more info please
robweidner

Definitely a great idea!
dasjerome

I´d love a set of these.
gerardo.guerra@gmail.com
Erik Andersson

Interested!
TurleyMarshall

Very interested if still available. Great work. Andy Marshall turleymarshall@yahoo.com