Web App Request

General discussion
Michael L

Hi,

I have been struggling with Arri's implementation of their App's. The new Arri look app for the iPhone doesnt work properly and blanks out easily.

On a day to day basis I have not been able to adjust the Audio Gain properly on my Alexa Mini. The web app wont allow for more than on digit of gain. Meaning a maximum of 9db of gain.

I dont have a viewfinder and so the App is the only way to update these settings. Can this please be fixed in the Sup 5.0?

Also I would strongly suggest Arri allow people to develop apps for the Mini and for Arri as you guys make great cameras but your apps are far from great. They are slow and buggy and updates take forever.

Thanks Michael
Jan Heugel

Dear Michael,

we have potential for improvement in the world of apps, no doubt.
We are about to open our cameras for developers. With SUP 5.0 we offer the Camera Access Protocol in Mini and AMIRA. This enables developers to write their own apps for camera control
See https://www.arri.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=398 for more.

Regarding your problems with the web remote, we do constantly work on improvements and will address the issue.
Which browser are you using?

Best regards,
Jan
Jan Heugel
Application Engineer
Michael L

Hi Jan,

I'm glad to hear you are opening up the camera protocol. I think it will make the cameras better to use.

I have tried adjusting the audio gain through the web remote on Safari (mac and iOS), Chrome and Firefox. None of them allow double digits.

Thanks Michael
Jan Heugel

Dear Michael,
my colleague promises SUP 5.0 will ease this.
In the meantime he says "you can't just enter e.g. "18", you have to enter 1 and 8 separately". If that makes sense, he used Chrome.
I did not get it to work testing all iOS browsers... but will request live-assistance.

I'll keep you posted.
Jan
Jan Heugel
Application Engineer
Stout Film

Hi guys, I thought I'd chime in about the double-digit audio gain issue in the web remote. I have brought this issue up in a thread before and I do not see any way to get a double digit number in there. I have my camera in front of me and cannot get it to settle on any double digit even when trying to enter the digits separately.

On the topic of web remote. Has anyone noticed the window being tiny on Firefox. It wasn't like this a year ago but as some point, I think with some Firefox update it started happening. See picture:
IMG_4935.PNG
Or maybe it's a combo of Firefox with my iPhone in some way. You can't get it to expand by going horizontal.

I have switched over to Chrome, which doesn't have this problem. So not a big deal but it's a weird little bug with something.

I'd be very excited for an app that you could set up to locate the same Mini each time without worry of url, and also had a simple design for a touch screen phone.
Cheers everyone!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Michael L

Hi Jan,

thanks for the reply. Like Stout Film I tried several ways to do the one at a time technique and had no luck. All i can say is I can't wait till sup 5.0 and until someone makes a proper app.

Is there a final release date on sup 5.0?

Thanks Michael
Michael L

Oh and my suggestion with an Arri app is to pay someone external to Arri to develop an app like what Panavision did. They just payed the guy that developed the Foolcolor app (http://mikasky.free.fr/foolcolor/) for Red.