SUP 5 Looks not staying loaded when power cycling

General discussion
Stout Film

Hi Everyone,
Until now I always left my Look at Arri 709 while shooting but I am now trying to experiment with different Looks. There are the Looks pre-installed on the camera, a few extras for free on the Arri download page, and the new Look Library (which I have been considering purchasing).
I am having issues with my camera staying on the Look I assign when power cycling off/on. Has anyone else experienced this? I first noticed it after installing the free Looks like FilmStyle_v3 and FilmStyle_Cross, etc. No matter what I picked, the camera would power cycle back on to FilmStyle_Cross (a Look I would probably never use). I even then deleted that look from the camera altogether, and somehow the camera still power cycled back on to that "non-existent" look. I was able to get it back to defaulting to Arri 709 by reloading my user settings that I had saved. But then I tried the pre-loaded Commercial look, and once I power cycled it turned back on at Arri 709 instead of the Commercial look I had on when the turning off.
Has anyone else had issues with this? Is it a little bug in the new SUP 5? Definitely something I'd want to see fixed for me before buying the Look Library. For now I'm just going to stick with Arri 709, but I'd love to be shooting with a more filmic look.

Thanks!
Stout Film

I guess I'm the only one who has this problem. Hmmm, maybe I'll have to reinstall SUP 5 and see if that fixes it. Or wait for 5.1 -
Has anyone been using Looks with success on SUP 5 and with no quirks?
cheer's
mogydp

I've been using the looks for the past 2 weeks on a variety of shoots and have had no problems. I bought the look library and have been using the app. Try reinstalling SUP 5.
Jan Heugel

Hey guys,

we were able to reproduce this behavior:
It occurs when the last user action before a power down/cycle is chaning the look.

Workaround: change and reset (to your desired value) any other value than the look.

Best,
Jan
Jan Heugel
Application Engineer
Stout Film

Thank for the support, I'm glad I asked, and hope this is helpful to others.
Stout Film

I went ahead and purchased the Look Library. Since there's so many looks with 3 different strengths per look (which are very significantly different from each other) I would like to store a lot of looks on my camera so I can flip through them and pick on set or scouts. It seems the camera is limited to storing 50 looks, is this correct? Is there any way to have this changed or any workaround? Thanks!
Jan Heugel

Dear Noah,

yes 50 is the limit (not sky), because the list would be veeeeery long to scroll through.

At this point of time we recomend using "the APP" to do a preselection.
Or you swing by our HQ over here and pick up a look deck!
IMG_1258.jpg
Cheers,
Jan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jan Heugel
Application Engineer