Alexa Mini WiFi issues LiveGrade

General discussion
Simcules

Hi there,

I been trying to work with the Alexa Mini’s built in WiFi and Promforts LiveGrade the past few days. I really like the idea of grading a look, apply that and access it later in post via the metadata.
On Set I use Teradek link to establish a WiFi network to then connect the camera(s) (in WiFi client mode) to that WiFi. But that seems to be very unstable.
Question 1: What Network Settings for the WiFi Router will work best to connect the cameras? 2.4Ghz, 5G?
I found that the Mini’s WiFi rage is not that great. Is there anyway to enhance the cameras WiFi range for example with another antenna? Or is that antenna only for the wcu units only?
Thanks for answers in advance!
Jan Heugel

Dear Sim,

on ALEXA Mini the WiFi Antenna sits underneath the carbon shell of the body, right about here beneath the ALEXA Mini logo:
mini-antenna-wifi.png
What are the experiences with other routers?

Cheers,
Jan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jan Heugel
Application Engineer
Rainer Fritz

Hi Jan !

Wanted to ask for a possibility of an external wifi antenna as well. The in camera grading option is very interresting but would work with a proper antenna on the cam sure quite better. With the Teradek Link and good antennas on it you still often run into troubles in connection when you can not sit in line of sight or close to the cam with the live-grade rig. Any chance to get a SMA connector for it on the housing to hook up a better antenna?
Thx
Rainer