Problem getting all RDM parameters to work in Steljar

AlanSteinheimer

Hi - one small issue abe larger one:
The small one: i installed what i thought was Firmware 4.0 in all my Skypanels but when i thumb thru the menu i see 4.1,4.2, 4.3, and 4,4 as options. Should i bump up all my lights to 4.4? Does that affect the next problem?
Bigger problem: can’t find RDM controls for frequency using FW 4.1 in Stellar. Are there some RDM controls that Stellar doesn’t access? Wanted to try Frequency 1 at a tba Phantom shoot higher fps to see if it was possible to retain dimming control over the set. If there is flicker i will go to high speed setting of course (& no dimming).
Alan Steinheimer SF gaffer
Mike Wagner

Hi Alan,

The menu options you are referring to (4.1, 4.2, 4.3, and 4.4) are DMX protocol versions, not Firmware versions. You will notice that those listings are under the DMX Setting menu page. The latest version is 4.4 which will give you access to all the latest DMX modes and channels. We offer backwards compatibility so users don't have to change their DMX programming but can still update the SkyPanel to the latest firmware.

Currently, there are no controls for frequency selection in Stellar. This will be added in a later version of the app. Sorry that it is missing. If you want, you could also change this setting via the web portal or directly on the fixture, although I know this is not what you are looking for.

Thanks for you post and have a nice day.

- Mike Wagner
Senior Product Manger, ARRI