Can Arri Alexa Xt use C FAST 2.0 Card.

General discussion
rattakarn

Dear Arri

Because Codex xr card for Xt camera is no longer produced and no service.

Is it possible to arri to make an adapter for C fast 2.0.
Frederic Merten

Hello,

the ALEXA XT accepts CFast 2.0 cards using the CFast 2.0 to XR Adapter (K2.48839.0). An overview of the supported recording media can be found here.

Best regards,
Fred
Frederic Merten
Product Management Camera Systems
rattakarn

Hi Fred,

Will Arri or Sandisk C Fast 256 or 512 GB or 1TB capable?

Will it be capture Arriraw up 120 Fps?

Thanks so much

Rattakarn
Igor Barbosa

Hi Rattakarn,

The XT only supports the cards on the list Fred linked. You can check which codecs & resolutions are supported as well as frame rates on the ARRI Formats & Data Rate Calculator page.

Best,
Igor
dantesutton

I feel as if the original question was not answered. I don't think there is a question wether which cards are compatibility but rather the anxiety of everything being discontinued with no future options.

I too am wondering if Arri could continue the production of K2.48839.0 (ARRI CFast 2.0 Adapter for ALEXA XT/XR Camera). I bought an Alexa XT Plus 4:3 and it's next to impossible finding proper media & readers. CFast cards are widely available and readers are ubiquitous. I am quite disappointed that there is such a lack of support for the XT. I've been on Facebook groups where multiple people are looking for the same thing. I would have thought an industry leader would want to maintain life in their products.