Dead pixel for one frame

General discussion
Brian Mills

Wow this happened to me one time a few months ago while out shooting in the wilderness at night.

I was scared my trusty ole Alexa Classic was starting to fail.

It's never happened since.

I feel better now knowing what it was I was seeing!
Brian Mills
Cinematographer
matt33

How often should something like this happen? I noticed it a while ago on two jobs back to back and was worried but found this thread and seemed to be exactly what I was experiencing so felt better. But I feel like I keep noticing it, sometimes several times on the same job. It seems like it's almost every time I use the camera I notice one. At what point should I be concerned about a sensor issue vs it just being this?
Jan Heugel

Dear Matt,
experiencing multiple digital dust events during a shoot should raise a call to the union due to possible radiation hazards on site. In this case we'd be talking about images similar to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2GNvHRjcz8.

If they occur from time to time, one incident at a time, its is considered normal/background radiation. High energy particles are a natural fact. They tend to be more present in high altitudes than is concrete parking structures ob sublevel 2.

For a more detailed analysis of your footage, feel free to get in touch via digitalworkflow@arri.de.

Cheers,
Jan
Jan Heugel
Application Engineer