Timelapse

General discussion
Rodrigo Lizana

Now that timelapse has been announced for the Alexa Mini, can we assume the XT and XR models will have this same feature considering those are the top of the line of the Alexa line ?

Regards
Frederic Merten

Hi Rodrigo,

since we currently have very few requests to this function, we are not planning implementing such feature at this time.

With best regards,
Fred
Frederic Merten
Product Management Camera Systems
Pawel Smietanka

hello :D
I would like to know if it is possible to take pictures ARRi digital camera (alexa. model ..?) with the use of three simultaneous variables "speed ramp, field depth ramp, shutter speed ramp.
As it can be done on the arri 435 camera with 35mm film tape.
I mean the filming of four variables in one shot
this is: shooting a scene with dialogue for 24 frames, then changing the speed to 32 fps (silent portrait) and then shooting accelerated to 50 fps when the actor is in motion, and then 1 fps time-lapse compensation when time passes (the sun passes through a stationary plan) .
Of course, I also want to take advantage of the depth of field shift using the shutter sector and aperture.

I was able to do this using an arri 435 compatible with motion control systems (Xtreme).
And can I do it now on camera and not in digital post-production? I want to avoid it because of the artificiality and the failure to capture the time change in the exposure of the image.

Or maybe I'm thinking badly and someone has already done it on a digital camera?
thank you for the information.
Marc Shipman-Mueller

Hello Pawel,

Unfortunately, doing speed ramps is not possible with our current digital cameras.

Maybe it is time to get that 435 back out of storage?
Marc Shipman-Muller
Product Manager Camera Systems