arc_cmd usage for EXR Conversion

General discussion
cglumberjack

Hi all , i downloaded the arc_cmd tool friday and have been playing with it a bit. I'm attempting to do the following:

1) Create a dpx sequence from an .ari sequence that is identical to the one created with the ARRI conversion tool (GUI)
2) Create an exr sequence identical to the ARRI conversion tool GUI

I've successfully created #1 using the xml file as it's explained in the manual.

I've had no success with creating exr files from the command line tool. I get this error:

Code: Select all

ERROR: OpenEXR output is only available for scene linear colour spaces!
I have my colorspace value set to SceneLinear_WideGamut - exactly the same thing i'm setting in the GUI. and i'm doing it like so:

<colorhandling>
    <param name="colorspace" value="SceneLinear_WideGamut" />
</colorhandling>
This chunk of xml however does not seem to do anything. My guess is that it's not being read properly by the arc_cmd tool, but that's just a guess. the printout i'm getting doesn't seem to indicate that any change in colorspace is wanted. Would love any suggestions!

Thanks

Tom
Jan Heugel

Dear Tom,
you are using the parameter the right way.

Our dev team suggests to do a -c

For windows:

ARC_CMD.exe -c "C:\Program Files\ARRI\ARC_CMD\shortsettings.xml"
If that doesn't help, please share your shortsettings.xml with us.

Cheers,
Jan
Jan Heugel
Application Engineer
cglumberjack

ari_stuff.zip
I'm using -c in my command, that's how i'm reading the rest of the xml.

I've zipped the dpx and exr xml files so you guys can check them out. The dpx xml works.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jan Heugel

Hey Tom,

you need to keep the shortsettings.xml structure alife: everything needs to live within a

<shortsettings name="ARC" version="2">
</shortsettings> 
tag.

Cheers,
Jan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jan Heugel
Application Engineer
cglumberjack

Perfect! I was expecting something like this to be the issue. I was actually looking for that in the docs and couldn't find it. Probably my mistake!

Thanks a ton