camera on used market value

General discussion
dmvara

So I am really new to this arena and I am looking for some advice on the Alexa XT version. What is the value for these cameras on the used market? Yes, I know. I should do my own homework, but there are not a lot of resources out there so I thought I would come from some advice. I see a few on evilbay, but I assume people mark those up quite a bit and always ask for more than market value if it's a BIN or a make offer type of sale. I guess I am looking for advice or even some direction to where to look for average values for the body which I know will vary because of camera usage, hours, physical condition etc. Thanks for any helpful pointers and have a great day.

David
Silvan Liu

Hi David,

ARRI sells second hand Alexas under the CPO program https://www.arri.com/en/certified-pre-owned/cameras. These are sold with accessories and media and come with 1 year warranty. That might help you get a general idea of prices.
Silvan Liu
ARRI Service - Burbank, California
dmvara

Thanks Silvan. Yes, I have seen these and I was just making sure that there are not other resources out there that are perhaps a little more affordable. I am a bargain hunter just like everyone else although I know that buying something certified does give peace of mind. Thanks for your input.