Themperature of overheat

General discussion
maxslomoff

Does anybody know the range of temperature that the classic overheats and powers down at?

One A body over heated today, the B body stayed at 35* c and the backup A body started out at 35* and rose to 40* in 10 min and then stayed at that.

The outside temp in the shade is 38* C
We've been in the shade all day and all fans are set to regular speed

Side question, should we set to to high humidity mode even though it's dry and we're in a desert?

Side side question, when I put it in high humidity mode there's no more Palm tree icon like there used to be. Did that go away?
Jan Heugel

Dear Max,

what happened when you say it overheated? Did the fans kick in?
We're testing the cameras up to 45°C teperature and do powercycles/recording tests here at the factory - for every camera.

High humidity does not help in your situation. Usually the sensor is being kept at 35°C, high humidity rises the sensor temperture to 40°C to help against amisture.

I've an ALEXA SXT next to me - the plam tree is still there. Has yours been illegaly sold to the palm oil industry?

Cheers,
Jan
Jan Heugel
Application Engineer
maxslomoff

Thanks Jan
When I say it overheated I mean it shut down- powered off on its own. It was really hot to touch. I forgot to check the sensor temp. We powered it back on. But then we swapped to the backup body and put that one in the camera truck.

I'm not on that job anymore so I can't check the menu~ but I thought it was strange there was no tree
Jan Heugel

Hey Max,

I'll check what should happen when they overheat...

Cheers,
Jan
Jan Heugel
Application Engineer