ARRI AMIRA SHOULDERPAD

General Discussion
leadingeye

I do have my Arri Amira since July 2015 and since then I had to replace my shoulder pad 4 times. The 4 tiny screws are not holding the pad in place. Every week I have to tighten the screws but at a certain point they screw-thread is completely wasted.

My dealer ES Broadcast Media in Belgium told me that they have other client with the same issue. What about you guys? How is it possible that Arri is saves money is this key piece of a camera that cost enough money?
Kevin Descheemaeker I Cinematographer
C + 32 498 870 861 I M kevin@leadingeye.be

member of SOC.org I IATSE Local600
Jeanfre Fachon

Hi Leadingeye,

We advise the use of Loctite 243 (blue) when fixing the shoulder pad. Dip the end of each screw in this thread locker and leave to dry overnight. This is how our Service department does it.

Also, check the correct screws have been delivered. 4x screws in a small bag under the reference 05.17317.0

Best,

Jeanfre
Jeanfre Fachon
Product Manager ARRI camera accessories
leadingeye

Jeanfre Fachon wrote:Hi Leadingeye,

We advise the use of Loctite 243 (blue) when fixing the shoulder pad. Dip the end of each screw in this thread locker and leave to dry overnight. This is how our Service department does it.

Also, check the correct screws have been delivered. 4x screws in a small bag under the reference 05.17317.0

Best,

Jeanfre

Dear Jeanfre

Thank you for your quick reply to my post. The last time we did the replace at ES Broadcast Media we used already Loctite to fix the bolds but however the force on the shoulder pad is to strong so you rip the screws out of the pad. The screws that where used are the originals that came with the pad.

Best

Kevin
Kevin Descheemaeker I Cinematographer
C + 32 498 870 861 I M kevin@leadingeye.be

member of SOC.org I IATSE Local600