Feature Requests for the next SUP

General Discussion
Pianist

From me a request for the future:

I want to have more control of the color behavior inside the camera. A traditional color matrix, for example. Reason: Nearly all colors are very fine, but the Amira seems to have a problem with deep red colors. My personal reference is the red wall in my living room, and on the other hand the warning jackets of railroad workers. I need to shift the red a little bit into the orange/yellow direction.

One major reason to buy the Amira was to get a complete finished picture directly out of the camera. This works relatively fine at all, only the red colors need some additional treatment. Perhaps, this can be solved by some more color adjustment settings.

The present settings only allow to treat the whole picture. If I try to bring the red tones more in the yellow direction, the whole picture is too yellow. The white snow, for example. There is no possibility to select especially the red tones and to modify them.

Am I the only person who needs some more functions in the color tool?

Matthias
Mateusz Skalski

Support for Sigma 18-35 and 50-100 would be a great improvement.
Pianist

You have an Amira and You want to use Sigma photo lenses? A very strange combination...

But Sigma is introducing some new cine lenses at the moment based on the 18-35 and the 50-100, and I think there will be no problems to use them on the Amira with EF or PL mount.

In my opinion, there will be no chance to operate a Sigma 18-35 photo lens on the Amira, because there is no aperture ring, and the Amira doesn't have an aperture wheel.

Please notice: This is an Arri Amira and not a FS7 or C300... :-)

Matthias
Aage Hollander

I would like to be able to select the zebra to work with the dynamic range of the log-c footage while I look at a lut.
This way I can see if the highlights are gone in my Log-c footage. Now the zebra reacts to the highlights of the lut.

As an example.
When I shoot on a bright day with a bright sky, my zebra alerts me for the sky. But in the log-c I still have detail in the sky.
In grading I can always recover the sky, so it would be helpful to know how far I can open the lens before I lose the sky.
When shooting documentary there is no time to switch to log-c al the time.

Gr, Aage
Mateusz Skalski

Pianist wrote:You have an Amira and You want to use Sigma photo lenses? A very strange combination...

But Sigma is introducing some new cine lenses at the moment based on the 18-35 and the 50-100, and I think there will be no problems to use them on the Amira with EF or PL mount.

In my opinion, there will be no chance to operate a Sigma 18-35 photo lens on the Amira, because there is no aperture ring, and the Amira doesn't have an aperture wheel.

Please notice: This is an Arri Amira and not a FS7 or C300... :-)

Matthias
I am using my amira mostly for documentary work and I find sigma lenses very convinient for what I do - they are lightweight, wide aperture and overall great for one man show.. The new cine version is no use for me as it is basically the same glass in different housing more suitable for working with focus puller, bulkier and heavier and you dont want that in a documentary:)
As for changing the aperture I belive you are wrong, you can easily change it on all CanonL lenses using custom buttons.
Mateusz
FullCircle

One thing I would love to see is an option to make the surround safe box go red during record...just to have another tally besides the small record tally at the bottom of the VF.
John Paluzzi
Full Circle Productions
www.fullcircleproductions.com