Quicktime File Corrupted

General Discussion
BrianOLeary

Hello,

After a recent shoot, I noticed that one of the ProRes QT files on the card was corrupted. Everything seemed to be fine, recording wasn't interrupted by power loss etc.

Has anyone come across this before or know any good recovery software?

Thanks,

Brian
Jan Heugel

Dear Brian,

is it the whole clip or just segments of it?
Also, is it the last clip on the card?

Best,
Jan
Jan Heugel
Application Engineer
BrianOLeary

Hi Jan,

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately the whole clip won't play. Yes it's the last clip on the card. The other clips on the card are fine.

Have you come across this before?

Thanks,

Brian
BrianOLeary

Hi all,

It plays on DaVinci Resolve now, but the audio and parts of the clip are missing. Does anyone know any good recovery software?

Thanks,

Brian
Oliver Temmler

Hello Brian,

are you able to copy the file from the card?
In that case, we've had good experiences with Video Repair by Grau, which can reconstruct a defect QuickTime movie, based on a healthy reference clip. http://grauonline.de/cms2/?page_id=5

If you can't copy the files, you can try a data recovery tool such as Prosoft's Data Rescue Pro https://www.prosofteng.com/data-rescue- ... -software/ or LC Technology's Filerecovery http://www.lc-tech.com/mac/filerecovery/

Would it be possible that you send us a log file, and the file name from the camera you were using? That would allow us to look if the camera logged any kind of error for that particular clip.

Kind regards
Oliver
Oliver Temmler
Product Manager Storage Media
ARRI Munich
BrianOLeary

Hi Oliver,

Yes it can copy over so I'll try that. Thanks for your help. I'll look into getting a log file to show you.

I know that it stopped recording when the card ran out of memory, maybe it didn't save the file properly.

Thanks,

Brian
Oliver Temmler

Hi Brian,

if the camera runs out of card space, the clip still should be closed properly. I hope you'll be able to recover the file.
If not, please PM me and I we can try to fix the file for you.

Best
Oliver
Oliver Temmler
Product Manager Storage Media
ARRI Munich
BellyBlack

:) As we all known, QuickTime is a multimedia player developed by Apple and is widely used on Mac computers. It supports various media formats like MOV and MP4. QuickTime files sometime show error messages and may not play on QuickTime player or any other media player. Even if it plays you would notice some audio video synchronization issue.
All these issues indicate QuickTime video file corruption. ;) With Data Recovery, you can easily recover corrupted files. This software repairs corrupt QuickTime files and make them playable again in shortest possible time.