2.0x & 1.5x Anamorphic Desqueeze Option

General Discussion
n-joy.tv

Dear Amira Support Team,

as previous posters have addressed before and since there are very very few 1.3x Anamorphic lenses available, I would strongly suggest adding 2.0x and 1.5x Anamorphic Desqueeze to the Anamorphic menu of the Amira.

I would think this would be a fair and usable compromise to the fact we still don't get the Open Gate access in this camera and only get 2.8k RAW internally. The fact I can't apply the correct desqueeze in camera means I have to "teach" each client how to use the footage correctly on their respective post-systems, which puts my choice of camera into question from clients and producers alike.

We do appreciate the continuous updates to the camera and hope this will be one of the first new additions to the next firmware!
Thank you for your consideration.
Best,

Nicolas
Svdkerkhof

Thumbs up for 2x anamorphic!!!
Really hard to find 1.3x lenses in the netherlands!!
Oliver Temmler

But you are aware there is more to anamorphic desqueeze than just adding the menu option and calculating focal lengths to a crop factor of 1.333.
To get a proper 2.39 output with a 2x anamorphic lens on the AMIRA 16:9 sensor, your recording area shrinks to 1620x1356 pixels.
Once the camera could desqueeze the in the EVF and on the MON OUTs, customers most certainly would start demanding in-camera processing for ProRes recording, like on a Mini. But since this is a different pixel raster, we can't just turn it on. We'd have to define the resolution that would be processed and so on. Consequently, we'd also need proper ARRIRAW file handling, and therefore have to add this resolution to the ARRIRAW SDK… :?
Oliver Temmler
Product Manager Storage Media
ARRI Munich