Playback issues since 5.4 upgrade

General Discussion
BobHartman

Hello Jan, or anyone that can help. My company has updated our Amira's to the newest software and now we have playback issues. We use the SDI outputs for live TV, so we feed clips down the line to be ingested. Since we upgraded, it seems that any clip over 5 minutes plays fine video wise, but the audio from the clip returns to the start of the clip after about 4 and a half minutes in??? Therefore it's 4 minutes or so out of sync during playback. This seems crazy as you can imagine. When we upload the files onto the computer all is well. These cameras work everyday so this needs to be addressed asap. And again, this only started to happen after the 5.4 update. Myself and the owner have 60 years experienced combined with cameras, but this is bizarre! Any help would be fantastic before we proceed to the next shoot, which is today, tomorrow, etc!!!
Georg Lanz

Hello Bob,
we are currently looking into your issue. However a few additional infos would be very helpful. Do you record in ArriRaw or ProRes? Which Framerate and other parameter are you using?
The Issue you are referring to occurs only when you output audio and video over SDI, right?
It also would be helpful to know which Equipment exactly you are using.
Thank you very much for the insights!
Regards, Georg
Oliver Temmler

Sorry that you encountered this issue.
As my colleague said, some additional information would be helpful. I sent you a PM with an upload link and my email adress so you can send us your setup file and the last log file.

Out of curiousity: why you use playback to feed the recording via SDI. What's the use case for that?

In the meantime, the only option I can offer is to roll back to SUP 5.3, unless 5.4 has some features that are essential to you.
https://www.arri.com/en/technical-servi ... p-overview

Best
Oliver
Oliver Temmler
Product Manager Storage Media
ARRI Munich
BobHartman

Thanks for the quick response, I saw the private message. Here's some details: We shoot for broadcast Television in the US. Espn, NFL Network, NBA Entertainment, MLB Network, etc. We feed embedded video down the line to all these companies for ingest to their servers for editing and immediate playback. Frame rate usually used is 1080/59.94 and we shoot Pro Res, not Raw for these clients. So, again the play back function has worked great for the last few years, after we updated to 5.4 this problem now exists. Pretty crazy. Really need to talk to someone about this because this is hurting our work flow. Quick turnaround is key and this needs to be fixed. We've already installed this software for the second time and still have problem. And as you know installing the update does wipe all your user settings, so 2 times now we have had to reinstall our settings. Would love to contact you via phone, since typing about this really slows down the process. Please let me know if this is possible. Thanks.
Oliver Temmler

Hi Bob,

we were able to reproduce the issue and it’s a bug in Software Update Package (SUP) 5.4. Reinstalling therefore cannot fix this. There is no other short term solution than rolling back to SUP 5.3. I sent you a PM with a download link.

To avoid having to recreate User settings, you should just save it to a USB drive.
- Insert a FAT32 formatted USB drive.
- MENU > Media > Prepare USB medium
- MENU > Setup > Save to USB/Load from USB
done. You can take the stick with you and just load your settings on any AMIRA with the same SUP.

Unfortunately, switching to a different SUP really means that you have to create the settings again.
Oliver Temmler
Product Manager Storage Media
ARRI Munich
BobHartman

Got it, will give this a try ASAP. Thanks for the response these cameras r working every day right now. Once we do this I will let u know how we made out. Thanks.
BobHartman

Went to Super Bowl 53 with 2 Amiras, after going back to previous software as recommended, there wasn't any playback issues. Thanks for your quick response and help with this. Please, if you can let us know when we can re-update the cameras to the newest software. (when the playback problem is resolved) Thanks again.