ARRIRAW + Apple Afterburner Card

Tools of the trade, new plug-ins, log c etc.
Felix

Hello,

With the advent of the new 2019 Mac Pro, it would be nice if ARRI added ARRIRAW support for the Apple Afterburner Card. I would love to edit ARRIRAW natively in FCPX. I do understand that the Apple Afterburner Card is designed for ProRes and ProRes RAW codec. There are third-party vendors like RED adding R3D support with Metal Acceleration.

Hopefully, ARRI can take advantage of the card and add ARRIRAW support. :)

Thank you.
Jan Heugel

Dear Feli,

be assured - we're looking into Metal and also the Afterbruner.

But keep in mind, this would be a single machine-solution tailored to that card...

Cheers,
Jan
Jan Heugel
Application Engineer
Felix

Jan Heugel wrote:Dear Feli,

be assured - we're looking into Metal and also the Afterbruner.

But keep in mind, this would be a single machine-solution tailored to that card...

Cheers,
Jan
Sounds exciting!

I understand that currently FCPX supports MXF wrapped ProRes natively that are recored from Mini LF. I hope you would also consider adding ARRIRAW support for FCPX. Other camera manufacturers like RED, offers a plugin for FCPX to read R3D files.

I also understand in a narrative feature length projects, proxy (ProRes LT) workflow would be most ideal. Edit in proxy in your preferred NLE like FCPX and once locked for colour, relink to the original ARRIRAW files using XML in application like Resolve.

Obviously, if it was shot on ProRes 4444, it won't be an issue. I am hopeful of the support of ARRIRAW in FCPX.

Thank you.