Frame Line Composer 4.1 Open Beta announcement

Tools of the trade, new plug-ins, log c etc.
Jan Heugel

We're happy to announce the beta test of our new ARRI Frame Line Composer 4.1
Version 4.1 (AFLC-4) contains two main features and some bug-fixes:
  • Sensor area dimension is calculated in mm or inch for width and height depending on the recording format.
  • Export of Frameleader graphic as .svg file (scalable vector graphic) for print out as frame line reference template.
We'd like to get your feedback on this new version. So post below or within a new topic in the Workflow forum.

For a sneak peek at the new AFLC, follow this link:
AFLC 4.1

Best,
Jan
Jan Heugel
Application Engineer
svrnschltz

Hi ARRI workflow Team!

Great news on the AFLC side. But I still have a request:
I need to convert .xml frame lines into a png file. Often the ACs are generating
framelines and loading those straight onto the sd card. I'd like to pass their lines to post
and therefore would need to convert the xml. So would be great to either have the
option to upload a xml file and convert it to .png or to always download a package
of all three (xml, png & url)..

Thanks!
rjdbradbury

What would be even more helpful is the ability to download a single frame ARRIRAW or ProRes file containing the framelines generated. That way it would be in the same resolution, aspect ratio and file format as the footage being shot. The .svg file that can be downloaded currently is really only useful for printing out and shooting, and that's imprecise and unnecessary these days.
Richard Bradbury
Camera Operator
London, UK