Best way to export Arri look library from the Camera

Tools of the trade, new plug-ins, log c etc.
Ikbal Arafa

Hello everybody,

What is the best and fastest way to export the Arri look library from my Mini to Resolve?

Best,

Ikbal
Igor Barbosa

Hi Ikbal,

As per the Look Library FAQ;

"Like with other ALF looks, the looks will be embedded in the meta-data of the recorded media and can be accessed by ARRI’s Meta-Extract (AME) software or most DI grading software directly."

Regards,
Igor
Jan Heugel

Thanks Igor!

In addition to that, the ARRI Look File can be applied directly in Resove.
In the color room's timeline right-click on a clip and choose:
ALF2inResolve.png

Best regards,
Jan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jan Heugel
Application Engineer
BetweenPictures

Hello. I purchased the Arri Look Library License for the Alexa Mini. Does this mean my DP can apply the file right to Da Vinci, or would we need to extra the LUTs from the camera and import them to Da Vinci using this feature?

We love the LUTs, but we really dislike having to bake in a look while recording media. We have not yet tried the ARRI META Extract software, but will look into that option.
Jan Heugel

Dear David,

who said "baking in"?
Record LogC (aka "flat") and apply a Look on set - that look will be embedded within the metadata of that clip and live within the clip.
Then and only then you can apply the look file in Resolve (or others, see link no. 2) as mentioned in an earlier post.

Please also have a look at

General ARRI Look FIle 2 Intro
http://www.arri.com/?eID=registration&file_uid=16941
and
ARRI Look File 2 in Editorial
http://www.arri.com/?eID=registration&file_uid=15721

Best,
Jan
Jan Heugel
Application Engineer
Ikbal Arafa

Hello Guys,
Thank you for your answers.
As far as I know, when you extract the Lut from the metadata, you will extract only one lut as a Cube file.
My question was how can I extract all the Luts that I have in my Arri Look Library (+85Luts) so I can easily use and store them in Davinci in different projects?
Do I have to record one video file with each Lut and then extract them from the metadata. That will take a lot of time. ;)
Sorry If I missed something in your explanation.
Best,
Ikbal
Jan Heugel

Dear Ikbal,

that would be the "rocky path": record 87x3 clips, extract the Looks or LUT from those.
These looks are made for ARRI color science/Log C; target color space is REC 709.

The complete Look Library package can be purchased for different color spaces through ARRI Media, see http://www.arri.com/camera/alexa_mini/t ... k_library/.

Best,
Jan
Jan Heugel
Application Engineer
Ikbal Arafa

Thank you Jan,
That's what exactly what I was affraid of :lol:
Best
Ikbal