WCU-4 not recognizing 2+ cforce mini motors

General discussion
vownyx

I'm having an issue with the WCU-4 not recognizing that I have multiple cforce mini motors hooked up to the UMC-4 (or Alexa mini). When I boot up the system I'm prompted to calibrate both motors, however only the focus motor will calibrate completely - whichever motor I have assigned to Iris or Zoom (doesn't matter which one) flashes after calibration, which from the manual indicates that "Motor is calibrated, but no motor master available (idle)".

I have both daisy chained together, and have even tried adding the LBUS to DTAP power cable (for the cforce plus motor) to provide extra power. When I look on the WCU-4 screen it doesn't even give the option to select the second motor (iris or zoom) to calibrate it.

What is going wrong that the one motor is staying idle?
Gernot Füllsack

Hello,

sorry for my late reply.
Which torque is set on the motors?
What is shown int the bottom line on the homescreen of the WCU-4 (which sign is next to Focus/Iris/Zoom)?
Which firmware is installed on WCU-4 and UMC-4?
Have you tried also to update the motors?

Best regards
Gernot
vownyx

Hi Gernot,

The torque on each motor is 4 (for the cforce plus) and 2 (for the mini).
At the bottom line it just says "Idle" on each motor.
Firmware for the UMC-4 is 1.42
Firmware for the WCU-4 is 31.15
I'm not sure how to update the motors.

I've actually successfully booted up everything with the UMC-4 and the Mini.

Lastly I can't seem to get the Hardwired mode to work with the motors and the WCU-4. When they are connected (dtap to lbus power, lbus to lcs to the WCU-4) I don't have motor control and the screen on the WCU shows "hardwire" with a spinning ring of dots, like it's trying to load something.
Gernot Füllsack

Hello,

first, please always set the torque of the CForce Mini Motors to 4 (with torque 1 and 2 the Motor has not enough power).

To can update the Motors with the UMC-4, but also with the Alexa Mini. -> Explained in the Manual.

About your problems to connect the WCU-4 to the Motors:

the WCU-4 is not a motorcontroller.
You need a UMC-4, a AMC-1 or the Alexa Mini to move the motors.

It is not possible to control the Motors only with the WCU-4!

best regards
Gernot
Saul Oliveira

I think I had the same problem and solved it connecting the D-tap to Lbus cable in order to apply some power to the system.

Best Regards