new Cforce Mini RF

General discussion
xanoramix

Hello
Just saw the announcement of the new Cforce Mini RF motor and i was wondering if it is compatible with previous hand units from Arri, WCU-3, WFU-1?
LDA and LDS don't apply here right? We have to map them?

Regards
Alexandre Valentim
Focus Puller - Portugal
Gernot Füllsack

Hello,

yes, the new motors with radio are compatible with older white radio handunits.

You can create a LDA file with WCU-4 and send it to the Cforce RF motor.
There is no LDA archive in the motor, so you can only use the LDA you have send last.

LDS is not possible, because the motor get no informations from the lens.

Best regards
Gernot
xanoramix

Considering buying a Cforce Mini RF and I have a couple more questions:

- Let say I have wcu-4 + 1x cForce Mini RF + 1x cForce mini with Alexa Mini camera and a LDS prime lens. I would like to have lens info on camera and hand unit. Because LDS can´t be sent back to hand unit with cForce Mini RF, can it be used just as a "dumb" motor?

- With any Alexa camera + cForce Mini RF + WCU-4 hand unit combo, LDA lens files will be available on metadata?

- With Alexa Mini + cForce Mini RF, camera control features are they all available?

- cForce Mini RF works with UDM-1/ Cinetape/ Focus Bug? Tracking functions also works?

- Cmotion Cvolutiuon white radio works with Force Mini RF? As main or second hand uni assign?

Thanks

Alexandre Valentim
Alexandre Valentim
Focus Puller - Portugal
Igor Barbosa

Hi,
xanoramix wrote:Considering buying a Cforce Mini RF and I have a couple more questions:

- Let say I have wcu-4 + 1x cForce Mini RF + 1x cForce mini with Alexa Mini camera and a LDS prime lens. I would like to have lens info on camera and hand unit. Because LDS can´t be sent back to hand unit with cForce Mini RF, can it be used just as a "dumb" motor?
- Yes, it can. The radio can be turned off and the unit will function as a normal Cforce motor.
xanoramix wrote: - With any Alexa camera + cForce Mini RF + WCU-4 hand unit combo, LDA lens files will be available on metadata?
- Yes
xanoramix wrote: - With Alexa Mini + cForce Mini RF, camera control features are they all available?
-If you use the radio in the motor then camera RUN/STOP function, tally and camera status information are available if you use a Cam to EXT cable.
xanoramix wrote: - cForce Mini RF works with UDM-1/ Cinetape/ Focus Bug? Tracking functions also works?
- Not sure, I'll have to leave this for someone else to answer
xanoramix wrote: - Cmotion Cvolutiuon white radio works with Force Mini RF? As main or second hand uni assign?
- Yes. Compatibility can be seen here; https://cmotion.eu/page/cvolution

Regards,
xanoramix

Thanks for the info.
One more doubt:
- With Alexa Mini + cForce Mini RF, camera control features are they all available?
-If you use the radio in the motor then camera RUN/STOP function, tally and camera status information are available if you use a Cam to EXT cable.
- and what about all other camera control menus and user buttons that are usually available on WCU-4? Do they also work with Cforce Mini RF motif?
Alexandre Valentim
Focus Puller - Portugal
Jan Heugel

xanoramix wrote: - and what about all other camera control menus and user buttons that are usually available on WCU-4? Do they also work with Cforce Mini RF motif?
Why would you use cforce mini RF with Mini at all and not use the internal function from Mini?
Jan Heugel
Application Engineer
xanoramix

Why would you use cforce mini RF with Mini at all and not use the internal function from Mini?
Alexa Mini antenna range is poor, i guess bypassing that with Rf motor should have better range and stable signal.
Alexandre Valentim
Focus Puller - Portugal
Jan Heugel

That might be true for very early models of ALEXA Mini, but production models have the same specs in regards to radio coverage than cforce rf. Truth to be told, cforce rf uses a newer transceiver module but range characteristics are similar.

Cheers,
jan
Jan Heugel
Application Engineer
Rakesh

Hello,

Has any of you got the answer about earlier question below?

xanoramix wrote:
- cForce Mini RF works with UDM-1/ Cinetape/ Focus Bug? Tracking functions also works?

and when using Cforce mini RF with Amira (via CAM to EXT 6-pin) or Alexa Classics (via CAM to EXT 16-pin)? Can I use the remote license feature on WCU-4?

Cheers,
Rakesh
ReyJesper

Hello all,

I was wondering how one would set the torque and motor direction etc when using an older White Radio handset like for example a WMU-3?

Thanks!