Powering the Cforce Mini RF?

General discussion
Grumply

Hi guys,

I'm considering switching over from my current WCU-4/CLM-4 motor setup to the new Cforce Mini RF, for the sake of greater flexibility - using it with different cameras without the added clutter/complexity of adding a control box on the camera (a really exciting development in my mind).

What I'm a little unclear on, is the various options for powering the Cforce Mini RF from cameras that aren't the Alexa Mini.

Currently, with my Alexa Studio and the CLM-4s, everything is super simple. But can the Mini RF be powered through the Alexa Plus Module? Or the RS power ports on a regular Alexa?

And on other cameras like the DSMC2 Reds, Sony F55/Venice, Varicam etc. what are the options for power? Are there simple cables that will power the Mini RF directly from those cameras' accessory power ports? Or can you feed it directly from a DTAP port?

None of this is clear in the product brochure.

Cheers
Gernot Füllsack

Hello,

there are different ways to power the CForce Mini RF motor.

You can power it directly from battery, or you can use one of our cables for different other cameras.
On our Homepage you can see which cables are available.

if you have further questions you also can contact us also via mail service@arri.at

best regards
Gernot
nateliv

LDS shouldn't interfere with either the Cforce RF or UMC systems, but I've had issues in the past using Cooke /i lenses and we had to tape over the contacts on the lens - that was ARRI's suggestion :D I think they've since fixed all that, though...

Kodi Lucky Patcher nox