Cinetape interface with Alexa mini configuration?

General discussion
Brian Udoff

I was wondering if there was any way to be able to get the Cinetape readout to display on the WCU4 while using the mini motors? Is there perhaps an interface cable that could go into the EXT port?
Hendrik Voss

Hello Brian,

At the moment there is no data interface between ALEXA Mini and UDM-1/Cinetape, but we are working on a solution. We will announce it as soon as it becomes available.

Regards,
Hendrik
Brian Udoff

Glad to hear it! Thank you for the response.
murcia

Hi all.

I just bought the cable to connect the cinetape to the UMC-4 to have the display in my wcu-4 with the mini for example.

It's a good solution, but you have to use the umc-4, and sometimes this is a problem cause you want the camera as light as possible. The other problem is, this cable is coiled and it's very big and heavy, in my opinion is better the cable from cinetape to alexa.

Can I ask why the cable from cinetape to UMC-4 is coiled and the other cable, from cinetape to alexa, is not coiled and it's lighter?

You know what, with the mini a lot of operators wants to have it really light, and I have to fight to attached my accessories like cinetape, teradeck, audio department, on board monitor.... This coiled cable is too heavy!

Thanks a lot.

Oriol Murcia
Hendrik Voss

Hi Oriol,

Thanks for your feedback regarding the cable. The coiled cable obviously provides flexibility in length, but we can make a straight one as well.
As a sidenote, the new LCUBE CUB-1 can convert serial signals from UDM-1 or Cinetape to LBUS, providing distance readouts from ALEXA Mini to WCU-4 directly.

Regards,
Hendrik