Sky Panel S60-C Dimming

altnate

Hi there,

On smaller shoots I frequently find my self in scenarios where a sky panel needs to be dimmed up or down manually with the control knob on the head or on the sky panel remote.

For example the intensity needs to smoothly go from 0% to 60% over 2 seconds.

However this always seems to cause problems as the sky panel manual dimming control is not smooth, it's almost impossible to land on the correct percentage or dim smoothly.

I find myself having to control via DMX to over come this, or grab a different head such as an outsight creme source instead, as often we don't have the time to set up the DMX on the run.

I have tried changing the dimming curve modes in the sky panel however this doesn't seem to change the sensitivity of the intensity control knob.

Is there a way to solve this problem?

Cheers.
Nancy Liu

On SkyPanel there is so far no function to set an accurate dimming speed by manual on-board control. That would require a simple lighting cue by DMX control- as you mentioned.

The factory default Dimming Curve on SkyPanel is Exponential Curve. Which gives a quicker dimming at low end and a slower dimming at high end of intensity. Linear curve provides an even dimming speed through all intensity, might be the choice for your requirement.

Stellar APP can suit your smaller scenario application very well. it is more easy to set up than lighting console, while control is much more visible and handy than on-board control.

Best Regards,

Nancy Liu
Lighting Product Manager, ARRI