SkyPanel LEE Rosco Filter

Claus

Hello,
we use the Skypanel lamps on a GrandMA 1 via DMX in mode 6 ( RGBW) i want to program presets for each Color LEE and Rosco. So i need a list DMX values / Lee (Rosco)Filter number.
Thank you.
With best regards from Hamburg
Claus Fliege
Jan Heugel

Dear Claus,

please have a look at the Skypanel manual, page 62ff

Skypanel Bedienungsanleitung GERMAN
Skypanel User Manual ENGLISH
Skypanel ユーザーマニュアル日本語

Best,
Jan
Jan Heugel
Application Engineer
Florian Bloch

Dear Claus,

or - in case you have an iOS device - download our ARRI Lighting "photometric app".

Beside all other information you find detailed DMX value tables at each LED product or in the section "tools".

Regards
Florian
Claus

Hello Jan,
thank you for your answer. But this is not that simple. The thinking behind my question is to push a preset button on the desk for example LEE 113. The skypanel turns magenta, now the DOP ask me to make this color more pink. For this I want to use my encoderwheel White and turn it until the DOP is happy.
That means I want to stay in my mode 6 (RGBW) and all my LEE and Rosco Filters are pre programmed as presets which are based on RGBW.
Regards
Claus
samiwas

I just joined this forum to ask for the exact same thing.

I would like stay in Mode 6, but be able to call up gel colors which match what I can get in Mode 17. Someone, somewhere, mixed the colors for Mode 17, so there must be a chart which says that to mix Rosco 4315 on 5600k, you mix R=0, G=84, B=100, W=24 or something like that.

Currently, we switch back and forth between modes 6 and 17, but if that takes even a few seconds longer than is desired by the DP or gaffer, they don't like it. I would like to stay in mode 6.

I looked at the Arri app, but didn't see anything related to color charts.
Jan Heugel

Well that's too much lighting for a camera-guy >> Florian, please help me out here ;)
Jan Heugel
Application Engineer
Mike Wagner

Hello Claus and Others,

Thanks for this question. We have heard this comment from several customers and it is a great idea. At the moment, we do not have the look up table you have requested.

Since RGBW mode is not a calibrated mode (meaning you have direct control over the LEDs outside a calibrated color space) this might present an issue when it comes to fixtures matching in color. If you used HSI mode, which is a calibrated mode, you might achieve better results.

That being said, as I mentioned, we do not have a look up table for HSI or RGBW values that correlate to a gel color. We think this is a great though and we are looking into this. If we are able to produce such a document, we will post it here and on our website.

Thanks for the great ideas and comments and please let us know if you have further feedback.

- Mike Wagner
Mike Wagner

UPDATE:

Just released SkyPanel Firmware 3.0:
http://www.arri.com/skypaneleffects/

Included is an RGBW Calibrated mode and we also have for download on our website Gel to RGBW conversion tables (also uploaded to this post). With these two features it is now possible to accurately dial in a gel color using RGBW values and then adjust that color (via a lighting console) in any way you would like.

Enjoy the new features!

- Mike Wagner
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mikeyray

Hi Mike
So are you saying if you put the light control setting to calibrated then when you are in mode 6 thet gel conversion chart will work ? as I am putting 3 lots of 40 in light boxes and would like to be able to do gel numbers from my gaffer
thanks
Mikey
Mike Wagner

Hi Mikey,

With these charts, there are now several ways to create a gel color via DMX.

The first, of course, is with DMX Mode 16 or 17 which are the dedicated gel DMX modes. In these modes, you can select a CCT base, color matching method, gel brand, gel category and then the gel itself. This is a fairly simple and straight forward way of selecting a gel color.

The other method is to use the conversion charts supplied in this post (and on our website) to use x,y coordinates, HSI or Calibrated RGBW mode to create the gel colors. The benefit of this is that if you use something like the Calibrated RGBW mode, you can use a lighting console to program in this color and then adjust the color with the lighting console color manipulation tools. This feature is for more advanced users that know how to program and manipulate the color settings on a lighting console.

In short, there are now more ways to achieve and control gel colors than before. Hope this helps.

- Mike Wagner
Senior Product Manager, Lighting