Arri Sky Panel Remote

vitovittorio

When using the Arri Sky Panel Remote on a multitude of Sky Panel fixtures-
Can you set each fixture to run different programs? For example- Say I set up 4 fixtures via remote. Can I have fixture 1 run a 'Party Effect' while fixture 2 runs 'Clouds Passing', while fixture 3 runs'Club Lights' and, while, fixture 4 runs 'Color Chaser'?
Or is the Remote limited to operating all the slave fixtures equivalent to the master?
Andy Barnett

Hi vitovittorio

i'd like to answer by dividing your question into two parts.

Firstly, concerning the Remote Control. The ARRI remote is basically a duplicate of the lamphead on-board controls. It allows you to control a SkyPanel lamphead remotely by connecting with a USB cable.

Secondly, concerning Master/Slave mode. This operates via DMX. If a lamphead is set to 'Master' mode then any SkyPanel or L-series lampheads connected to it via DMX will become slaves and follow the master. They will take on the same settings so that the DMX addresses will be duplicated.

So when you are controlling the master either via its own on-board controls or with the remote unit, the slaves will always follow the master.

Of course, if you wanted to handle several groups of lampheads doing different things, you could have several different masters with independent DMX lines to each group of slaves. The DMX must be separate because you can't have two masters on the same DMX circuit.

I hope this helps.
Andy Barnett
Lighting Technical Support,
ARRI CT
Uxbridge
UK
vitovittorio

Thanks Andy
Well answered