protocol version weirdness

mikeyray

Hi
So I got some panels today on software 3.1 put them all in mode 6 and changed the rgb space to calibrated , I noticed that some of them were a different colour and on the home screen of those ones the ''RGBW Cal Col'' wasnt in the top left of the screen , what I discovered was the ones with out it in the screen and different in colour (more daylight than the others) was in protocol version 4.3 and the ones with it in the screen were in protocol version 4.2??
How come 4.3 doesnt allow calibrated colour space?? or am I doing something wrong , good to know as Im just in the middle of rigging a lot of them for a long job
thanks
Mikey
Mike Wagner

Hi Mikey,

The RGBW Calibrated Color mode should work on DMX version 4.3 and 4.2, as this mode is applied system wide to all RGBW color modes.

I would suggest to run all fixtures on the same DMX version to eliminate any variations and to also double check that RGBW Calibrated Color is in fact enabled. The "RGBW Cal." will only appear in the top left of the display if the DMX cross fade channel is changed so that you are controlling RGBW values instead of CCT values. If you are still seeing trouble, a Factory Reset might solve the issue.

Since I'm not sure of all your DMX settings, it might be difficult to give more troubleshooting tips in this forum. If you under time pressure, I would suggest contacting ARRI directly via email or phone to ensure a quick response.

Thanks for your post.

- Mike Wagner
Senior Product Manager, Lighting