Power options for SkyLink Receiver?

Rakesh

Hello,

It was nice to learn the announcement of 'SkyLink Receiver' and wonder what kinds of powering options it provides.

I saw a USB cable, allowing users to hook up the power from USD port on Skypanels but any powering option for fixtures with no USB port?

Cheers,
Rakesh
Mike Wagner

Hi Rakesh,

As you mentioned, the SkyLink Receiver can be powered off the USB-A port on the SkyPanel. If you would like to use the SkyLink on a different product you have several options for powering the device. For example, you could use a USB power adapter (the same power adapter you use to charge a mobile phone or tablet) that would plug into a standard power outlet. Another option is to use a USB power pack, again similar to what you might use to charge your phone. Depending on the capacity of the power pack, this could last all day as the SkyLink Receiver takes very little power.

Basically, if you can plug the USB connector into it, it should be able to power the SkyLink Receiver.

Thanks for your question.

- Mike Wagner
Senior Product Manager, Lighting
Rakesh

Thanks for your quick response, Mike! appreciate it!

then can I specify the length of the USB cable that comes with SkyLink receiver? cause I may want it to be long enough for studio use.

Rakesh
Mike Wagner

Hi Rakesh,

The SkyLink Receiver has a 76mm USB cable coming out the back. This short length is meant to be plugged directly into the SkyPanel USB port. If you would like to lengthen the USB cable, you can simply use a USB extension cable found at any electronics store. This will allow you to have the power source much further from the Receiver.

Thanks and good luck!

- Mike Wagner
Senior Product Manager, Lighting