DMX 4.4 Green-Magenta 16B range typo: gap in values

mdrohn

Hello,

I just noticed an apparent typo while prepping for my next show and perusing the 4.4 DMX protocol regarding the Green/Magenta parameter for 16-bit modes (this example is taken from mode 6 but the information is the same everywhere the 16-bit version of this parameter appears):

I use the values on this table to customize the fixture profile on the ETC EOS console platform to cut out the static sections for neutral and full minus/plus green, in order to end up with a smooth and precise range that can transition through the neutral point without "dead zones" where changing the control value does not actually change the light.

The range between DMX 30,146 and 30,347 appears to be undefined--do the missing values belong in the -99% to -1% range, or neutral/no effect?

Thanks,

Matthew Rohn
IATSE Local 52
Mike Wagner

Hey Matthew,

Thanks for your post. It looks like this was a typo. Please see the correct DMX implementation attached. This will also be updated on our website. Thanks for your eagle eyes!

- Mike Wagner
Senior Product Manager, ARRI
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.