L5c control with Stellar

Griplights

Hi!

I am trying to control both my Skypanel and my L5c fixtures with Stellar.
The Skypanel connects perfectly but I can not reach the L5.

We use a setup with Skypanel connected (wired) to our local network, and then the L5c connected to the Skypanel via DMX cabel.
I have updated the firmware to the latest (2.5 for the L5c) but can't make it work.
After reading all I can find about this, I find out that "RDM" should be activated. But when I connect the L5 to "ARRI Lighting Service Manager" this field is "greyed out" and not possible to activate.

Do anyone know anything about this topic?

/Torbjörn
Mike Wagner

Hi Torbjörn,

The problem could be the firmware version of the SkyPanel. Please check that you have Firmware 4.1 installed on the SkyPanel. Without this firmware, the SkyPanel is not able to communicate RDM to fixtures connected via 5-pin XLR. If this does not solve your issue, please post again. Thanks for your post.

- Mike Wagner
Senior Product Manager, ARRI
Griplights

Hi Mike!

Yes it's version 4.1 on the Skypanel.
I don't know how the settings should be on the L5 but I guess that RDM should be activated on the L5 but that's not possible.
/Torbjörn
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike Wagner

Hi Torbjörn,

It is not possible to deactivate RDM on the L5. There is no command for that and this is the reason why it is greyed out in ALSM.

I assume that your SkyPanel is connected via Ethernet to the network? One further thing you can check is the Gateway function on the SkyPanel. If you go into SkyPanel Menu and navigate to Art-Net & sACN --> Gateway and make sure this is turned on.

Of course one small thing you can check is a different DMX cable - sometimes these fail.

If this does not solve your problem, perhaps we can talk by phone to try to troubleshoot. Thanks.

- Mike Wagner
Senior Product Manager, ARRI
Griplights

Thank's for the info.

The gateway was on, but I dubble checked all settings again and rebooted all units and suddenly it works...!
Really great to be able to set gels etc. for the L-series:)

/Torbjörn