Neue Firmware verfügbar? / New Firmware available?

Thiktechnik

for English, see below.

Ich habe mehrere L5-C Scheinwerfer. Wie erfahre ich wenn dafür eine neue Firmware verfügbar ist?
Ist es möglich sich für ein Produkt zu Registrieren, um ausschliesslich dafür, relevante Infos von Arri zu erhalten?

Danke

I do have some L5-C Lamphaeds. how do i know when a Firmware update is available?
Is it possible to register for one product. To get ,only for this, relevant informatons from Arri?

thanks

thiktechnik
Mike Wagner

Hi thiktechnik,

You can find the most current firmware for all of our LED products at this website:

http://www.arri.com/lightingsoftware

By downloading the ARRI Lighting Service Manager (ALSM) you can connect your fixture to your PC or Mac and see if there is a software update. The current version of the L7 firmware is 2.00.2

Please check this website later this week when we will issuing an update for the L5 and L7 (v2.00.5). Thank for your post and please let us know if you have any follow up questions.

- Mike Wagner
Senior Product Manager
Thiktechnik

Hi Mike

so it's needed to have the ALSM connected to the Internet and the Fixture at the same time, just to check if there is an update?

That means, I have to take down a Lamphead, bring it to the office and plug it to the computer where ALSM is running.

:idea:
I Sugest: you make a Post on http://www.arri.com/lightingsoftware under the existing title "L-Series Firmware" every time there is a New Firmwareupdate. or you post it in this Forum, this maybe awake it to life a bit.

This would be much easyer to chek once in a wile. And to find out what is the newest Firmwareversion.

Thank you
Mike Wagner

Hi Thiktechnik,

Once the ALSM is downloaded from our website, it is not necessary to have the computer connected to the internet to check for any updates. However, it is necessary to bring the computer to the fixture in order to perform the update.

When the fixture is connected to ALSM, you can compare the fixture's firmware to the most current firmware in ALSM. You can also check the firmware of the fixture (without ALSM) by navigating the menu to Status section.

Posting when new firmware is available to the ARRI Forum is a great idea! We'll try that out.

Also, just so you know, we don't issue updates very often. We try to limit our updates to once or twice a year so it does not become a burden for our customers.

Thanks for the suggestions and please let us know if you have further questions.

- Mike Wagner
Senior Product Manager