CCI adjustments after a Gel or HCI choice

vitovittorio

I found a saturated yellow- Starraro 2003-
And I thought I'd pull some of the green out-
(Yellow is always tricky) :mrgreen:
So- do you know if there is a method where I could dial out some of the green?
I'd imagine I could simply tap into The CCI function and dial left but so far I can not seem to do that.
Mike Wagner

Hello vitovittorio,

It is not possible to adjust gel colors in the SkyPanel. Once a gel color is selected, the color is not changeable. But this is a great idea!

Of course, you can create colors in other ways to get the exact color you are looking for. For example, you could use HSI mode, RGBW mode (via DMX) or xy Coordinate Mode (via DMX) and adjust the parameters to get a very specific color. There are countless color combinations to pick from in these modes.

I hope this helps and thanks for your post.

- Mike Wagner
Senior Product Manager, ARRI Lighting
vitovittorio

Thank for your reply Mike.
vitovittorio

Mike Said
"of course, you can create colors in other ways to get the exact color you are looking for. For example, you could use HSI mode, RGBW mode (via DMX) or xy Coordinate Mode (via DMX) and adjust the parameters to get a very specific color. There are countless color combinations to pick from in these modes."
Lets go back to The Starraro 2003 example-
Can I learn and determine the RGBW color percentages to a custom specific color, (Starraro 2003), and therefore enter those percentages under the RGBW mode as a starting point to begin to decrease the green?
Mike Wagner

vitovittorio,

Yes, this is possible. On our website we have Gel Conversion charts that allows you to translate gel colors to HSI or RGBW values. Please visit this link:

https://www.arri.com/lighting/skypanel/products/s60_c/

And click on the downloads tab underneath the SkyPanel image. Here you find "ARRI SkyPanel - Gel Conversion Charts" under the Technical Information section.

I hope these are helpful. Thanks for your post.

- Mike Wagner