Alexa EV Classic, XT, SXT, LF Nikon ProLock Mount by Optitek

General discussion
OptiTek

We have just finished the prototype and tested it here:

This is a strictly mechanical mount with mechanical iris control for auto iris AF/S Nikkors.
We have just got the confirmation that our mounts, both Canon EF smart mount and this Nikon F mount will fit the LF camera for those concerned with full frame coverage wide lenses. There are plenty of those in the still camera world you can use on the LF now!!
We are sending samples to the head quarters for evaluation. Both are versions of our Canon ProLock (2013) and Nikon ProLock mounts we have been offering since 2009 so it is a mature product.
Professional cinema and broadcast accessories, Cine lens, custom conversions, anamorphic lens optimizing.
www.optitek.org
Jan Heugel

Dear Optitek-Team,

I doubt your Nikon mount will mechanically fit on the LF. We redesigned the frontend to make room for the larger LPL-mount.
It is not identical to the SXT, XT or Classic. LPL can be adapted to PL.
LPLmount.png
Cheers,
Jan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jan Heugel
Application Engineer
OptiTek

Thank you for that info.
I checked with ARRI Munich and that is the answer I got- it will fit. We should find out for sure when we send them in and your engineers will try them on the LF. We are still waiting on the i cooke data pinout to port the lens data to the view finder to complete the integration. It would be nice to offer that to the users so they can get the T-stop and the distance/zoom position info...
Professional cinema and broadcast accessories, Cine lens, custom conversions, anamorphic lens optimizing.
www.optitek.org
Jan Heugel

I stand corrected - sorry for the confusion.

Even our mounts are compatible!
E.g. Take an ALEXA LF, remove its LPL mount (7 screws), put on PL Mount (from ALEXA SXT for example) - ad it fits - so the Optitek-Mount should, too.

Cheers,
Jan
Jan Heugel
Application Engineer