The WCU-4

General discussion
Kristian Krebs

Hi Forum!

Now I have some questions on the WCU-4. It says in the instruction manual that it should be possible to do playback from the unit but we can not find this function. Is there a license issue or maybe an issue with our firmware? When we check our license on the unit it´s green...

And also I wonder about the depth of field scale on the right hand of the screen which we in fact can not see. We use the new ZEISS CP3 XD lenses, supports LDS, and it can send meta data on the depth of field to the monitor if we want to but not to the scale on the CPU-4 it seems. Do we need to specify the lens in a LDA or is the data transfered from the lens?

All the best!
Kristian Krebs
Gernot Füllsack

Hello Kristian,

the Playback function is not possible with Alexa.
You only can use Playback with Alexa Mini.

In case of your question about the lens data, we need more informations.
Do you have all informations on the WCU-4 with other LDS lenses?
What is shown in the Alexa menu "WRS - Lens Data"? Do you have all informations there with the new lens?

Best regards
Gernot
Kristian Krebs

Hi!

Thank you for the answer! We were really puzzled about this since we surely got it to work on a Mini and thought it maybe was a setting in the camera.

Concerning the LDS lens I will get back to you in this thread when I get the info. Next week I hope to know more.

All the best until then!
Kristian