Amira Fan pulsing

General Discussion
DavidLo

Hi there
New Amira Owner here! I am on a shoot in France and the camera has been acting strangely.
I have noticed that the fan icon is on all the time (grey/white NOT orange) and that the fan is pulsing -- starting and stopping intermittently. Internal temp is 40 celsius. The behavior is present no matter what fan mode is selected.
Has anyone had this experience or have any idea of what is going on?
Thanks in advance for any help
David Hollander
Silvan Liu

Hi David,

the grey fan icon indicates that the Amira's fan noise may cross the 20dBa sound level soon. That is usually the case when you have selected a high frame rate and/or a high resolution to record. Another factor could be a high surrounding temperature. In these situation the camera is heating up faster. If the camera is unable to maintain its' operating temperature it will override the selected fan mode and run the fans at a rate that will.
The intermittent spinning up of the fans would indicate that your camera is operating close to a temperature threshold that causes the camera to speed up the fans. When the camera is cooled down sufficiently the fans will slow back down.
If you are concerned please send a log file in an email to service@arri.de.

hope this helps.
Silvan Liu
ARRI Service - Burbank, California
DavidLo

Hi there
Thanks for your response.
I think we figured it out.
It was a resolution-related issue.
Best
David