OCU-1 with standard Alexas?

General discussion
Grumply

Very excited about the new OCU-1, it's a gadget that's been sorely needed by operators for a long while.

I'm seeing conflicting information online as to its compatibility (most of the literature only lists compatibility with the Mini). And I want to know if it's compatible with good old fashioned Alexas using CLM-4 or CLM-5 motors via the Plus Module?

And if so, what's required to power-it-from/connect-it-to a standard Alexa?

I'm also particularly interested in the unit for zoom control. Will the OCU-1 follow the zoom motor speed settings you've already set in the WCU-4?

Also, the OCU-1 Basic Set is advertised (everywhere) with photos showing it fixed with both the dovetail mounting interface, and a 15-19mm rod mount. However the 15/19mm rod mount isn't specifically listed in the "included items" of the basic set. Is the rod mount included in the basic set? Or must it be purchased separately?

Cheers
Jan Heugel

Hey Grumply,

swing over to our Configuration Overviews to learn how to connect OCU-1 to ALEXA. (use LCA to LBUS, K2.0007318)

The 15mm/19mm clamp is also listed on that page, that's K2.0006176.

I've forwared the other question to our PMs.

Best,
Jan
Jan Heugel
Application Engineer
Grumply

Thanks Jan,

Any luck on figuring out whether the 15/19mm clamp comes with the basic set (as pictured)?

Also keen to find out if the OCU-1 holds to the zoom speed you've set in the WCU-4?

Cheers
Jan Heugel

Hello,

yes: The Operator Control Unit OCU-1 Basic Set contains the Operator Control Unit, OCU-1 Dovetail Mounting Interface and the CLM-5/cforce mini Clamp Console 19/15mm.

Regarding your question „Will the OCU-1 follow the zoom motor speed settings you've already set in the WCU-4?“ The WCU-4 only forward motor positions to the OCU-1 – no speed settings.

Best,
Jan
Jan Heugel
Application Engineer