ALEXA Mini LF V-Mount Max Voltage

General discussion
Michael L

Hi,

I was hoping to find out what the voltage the Arri V-Mount plate can accept from the V-mount pins. I was looking at using a DJI TB50 adapter plate to V-mount ideally without a voltage conversion to be more efficient. The output of those batteries is 22-25v.

Also does the V-mount plate have any circuit protection built in?

Thanks Michael
Jan Heugel

Dear Michael,

ALEXA Mini LF accepts (like all of our cameras) 11.0 - 34.0 V DC via its LEMO 8pin connector.

In rergards to the V-Mount plate: which one are you using?

Cheers,
Jan
Jan Heugel
Application Engineer
Michael L

Hi Jan,

Thanks for the reply. I'm using the V-mount Power Splitting Box MkII from Arri as part of the ready to shoot set.

I was aware that the camera is able to accept high voltages but I was wondering if the plate itself is able to as it has to down convert for Lemo connectors and so on.

I also would love to know if there was any kind of circuit protection built into the battery plate like wooden camera plates have a digital fuse that with shut the current off in the case of a voltage spike.

Thanks Michael
Michael L

Hi,

To anyone who wants to know about the Bebob V-mount battery plate it cannot accept significantly higher voltages this comes from Bebob themselves, voltages have to be under 18v. I would strongly suggest that Arri add the specifications to their documentation and website information as other manufacturers are clear about the specifications of their products.

Thanks Michael
Jeanfre Fachon

Hi Michael,

I have a long document from Bebob regarding these specs. It boils down to this:
  • Voltage range: 12 to 34V (not 18V)
    Regulated voltage D-Tap, Lemo 2-pin, Hirose: 13V
    Voltage 3-pin Fisher: as battery voltage (unregulated)
    Each accessory output is fitted with a resettable thermal fuse
This data used to be on our website, I realise this has been removed in the last revamp. I will ask to our marketing team whether this can be added. We will also have the specifications of all Power Splitting Box soon in the download section of the Mini LF webpage.

In the meantime, I will make the Bebob document available for our user through our service department. It is an excel document written in German, but contains all the info needed.

Best,
Jeanfre
Jeanfre Fachon
Product Manager ARRI camera accessories
Michael L

Hi Jeanfre,

Thanks for your reply. This is the reply I got direct from Bebob themselves.

Several components in the junction Box are specified up to 18V and would probably brake
- The Polyfuse at the Lemo/Dtap/Hirose outputs are specified 16V. Would burn through
- The Accessory outputs would give out battery voltage, means 22,8V unreg. Not safe for your accessories

Hope that makes things clearer. Cheers Michael