L10-C LED dimming

Com Genève

Hello,
We bought for some weeks ago ten L10-C. We did notice that the first intensity step is very bright even with a 16 bit protocol (008). It may not be a problem in TV and filming case but for us it's an issue. We've often some long duration intensity fade from 0 to a value or invert.
The firmware and software versions seems to be the latest.
Is it possible to adjuste this treshold ?
Are you planning to fixe it in the next software update?

Thank you an have a nice day
alex
Nancy Liu

Hello Alex:
Thanks for your question.
I guess you are using the L10 in live events?
just to make sure I understand clearly your issue: you mean find the 0-> on is too "jump" for you?
Can you also let us know which DMX mode you have choosing and what is the lighting set you have tried? Like CCT of white light or color picked and at what dimming level (0->10%,or other) you would use it. Thank you.
Indeed the dimming at low end is especially challenging for LED fixtures. Let's see how we can do to make it better for your application.

best,
Nancy
Com Genève

Hello Nancy
Thank you for your answer !
Yes we use the fixture in theater. Yes the intensity of the on state of the led is to strong for us. We use the fixture in dmx mode 008 16 bit protocole. The issue is the same with different dmx mode. We presume that the issue is indepedant from the dmx mode and like you wrote more as a low voltage dimming problem.
We control the fixture with an ETC Eos system.

Best regards
alex
Com Genève

Hello Nancy,
I haven't heard from you i a while. Do you still work on the issue ?
Best regards
alex
Nancy Liu

Hello Alex:
Indeed the dimming at low end is especially challenging for LED fixtures. With all the experience in last 10 years, the Low End performance on later products -SkyPanel and Orbiter is keep improving. Unfortunately there are limitations as you can imagine on L-Series as an earlier product so currently we don't have a better solution for the Low End performance.

Best Regards,
Nancy