arc gui, windows issue with cuda

Tools of the trade, new plug-ins, log c etc.
pkviet

hello
I seem to have the same troubles as this post on windows 10 (creator's update):
https://www.arri.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=227

If I setup for cuda encode I have the following error messages:

1) thumbnail generation on Browse tab:

Thumbnail generation failed.
-Error processing image to texture:
-ArriInternalImageHandler::process Error proceessing image: Error initializing rendering engine : OpenCL context creation failed (2) for the context thread.
- Error creating OpenCL context (-1000)

2) render tab:
same error message.

My strong suspicion is that there is a bug is in the UI settings cpp source code; for some reason, CUDA is not passed as option but OpenCL is instead.

My setup:
- win x64 pro (latest build)
- cpu core i7 7700K
- 48 GB DDR4 3000MHz
- GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060
latest drivers + cuda 8.0 installed.

Input files: mxf/arriraw from alexa mini

Arriraw converter gui version is latest 3.5.0.9 (version number displayed on the window is 3.5.0.9_BETA 90149.38420.2558)
Don't know why this is tagged as beta; I downloaded the regular release.

On macOS sierra with same gtx 1060, there is no issue with arc converter gui and cuda.
Best
ps: i'll test with earlier version of gui to check if there's been a regression. Will post findings on this thread.

Edit: same issues with previous version of GUI. It seems Arriraw Converter gets stuck between the APU (intel HD 630 from core i7 7700K ) and the discrete GPU Nvidia GTX 1060. If I select OpenCL instead of CUDA and try to select the GTX 1060, after a restart of the App, Intel HD 630 is selected instead of Nvidia.
So it seems the issue is bigger than CUDA; it's that the NVIDIA discrete card selection does not seem to stick whether CUDA or OpenCL is selected ...
charlie909

I am getting windows error 80070103 on my laptop. Anyone else is facing such kind of error in their system? Kindly let me know.
Jan Heugel

Dear Charlie,

how does your error message correspond with the ARRIRAW Converter?

@PKviet - I've forwarded you message to our developers. We're always riding a beta wave.

Cheers,
Jan
Jan Heugel
Application Engineer
Jan Heugel

Hello Everyone,

please try our V4 .0 or the slightly older 3.5.3.5 and see if the error occurs again.

EDIT:
Also.. as Error #80070103 hints to a graphic card driver - uninstall your graphics drivers and install the latest version.

Thanks,
Jan
Jan Heugel
Application Engineer
juankax

Hi Jan,
is this version compatible with windows 11?
thanks