Finding the ARRI MINI compatible Sand Disk Card

General discussion
manshmedia

Hello, I already bought a 512 GB sand disk card uncompatible of course now I am trying to buy sandisk 256 GB card, Now here is the problem the card listed on arri manual is 256 GB SDCFSP-256G (D). And what I am getting in market is 256 GB SDCFSP-G256G (D). See that extra G before 256 can anyone confirm it will work with mini. I have seen one with A too :D But what I am getting is the one with G.
manshmedia

And even after enquiring from Arri certified seller, even they don't know, but I thought there might be someone expert enough out there, like i can confirm the generic san disk 512 card does not work i could provide firmware detail but we usually buy off the shelf and firmware is never written so yes dont buy 512gb version.
medhadeep85

Hi!
So for ARRI Mini, the compatible card recommended is AV PRO AR 256GB (K2.0021432) and SanDisk Extreme Pro CFast2.0 card 256GB (K2.0015640). Please do not go with other cards, as this can affect performance/create unnecessary errors.
Medhadeep Bandyopadhyay
Solution Designer | ARRI | Cineom Mumbai
manshmedia

manshmedia wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 1:51 pm Hello, I already bought a 512 GB sand disk card uncompatible of course now I am trying to buy sandisk 256 GB card, Now here is the problem the card listed on arri manual is 256 GB SDCFSP-256G (D). And what I am getting in market is 256 GB SDCFSP-G256G (D). See that extra G before 256 can anyone confirm it will work with mini. I have seen one with A too :D But what I am getting is the one with G. https://vidmate.click https://myfiosgateway.win/
The compatibility of a memory card with a device like a camera can be quite specific, and even small differences in the model number or code can matter. In your case, you have the Arri manual listing the compatible card as "256 GB SDCFSP-256G (D)" and you are considering purchasing a card labeled "256 GB SDCFSP-G256G (D)."

While both cards have similar model numbers, the presence of an extra "G" in the card you're considering ("SDCFSP-G256G") suggests a potential difference. To ensure compatibility, it's recommended to contact Arri's customer support or consult their official website for the most up-to-date information on compatible memory cards.

Additionally, you can also check the retailer's return or exchange policy before purchasing the card. This way, if you buy the card with the extra "G" and it doesn't work with your device, you may have the option to return or exchange it for the correct one.

It's essential to be cautious with memory card compatibility, especially for professional equipment like cameras, as using an incompatible card can lead to issues and potential data loss.