Adobe Premiere workflow

zmountain20

Editing my first job with Alexa 35 footage. They shot .mxf ProRes. I haven't been able to figure out the workflow to get these files into Premiere. I've download the Arri Reference Tool but it crashes every time I try to render files out. I used a very elaborate workaround to be able to create proxies but still no luck getting full res files into Premiere.

I'm on Mac OS 12.0.1, Premiere 22.5.0.
Oliver Temmler

To see the list of tools currently supporting the ALEXA 35 recording formats and color processing, please visit https://www.arri.com/en/learn-help/lear ... -workflows

To edit in Premiere, you’ll have to start working with proxies and then switch to an Online workflow once Adobe releases the update which supports ALEXA 35.
You'll need to go through DaVinci Resolve to generate Rec709 QuickTime ProRes proxies with the original file names, time code etc to use in the Premiere edit. Once the update for Premiere is available, you could replace the Proxies with the original camera files and render the timeline. If the project is done before the update you again could use use Resolve to render the EDL you created in Premiere.
Oliver Temmler
Product Manager Storage Media
ARRI Munich
Simon Duschl

zmountain20 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:02 pm Editing my first job with Alexa 35 footage. They shot .mxf ProRes. I haven't been able to figure out the workflow to get these files into Premiere. I've download the Arri Reference Tool but it crashes every time I try to render files out. I used a very elaborate workaround to be able to create proxies but still no luck getting full res files into Premiere.

I'm on Mac OS 12.0.1, Premiere 22.5.0.

Hi zmountain20,

please check the latest Adobe Premiere Pro (BETA) Version 23.1 that is available in the Adobe Creative Cloud installer.
This version should support the ALEXA 35 files. Adobe is already working on speed improvements as there is CPU-only debayering yet.
Simon Duschl

It seems there are some compatibility issues in Adobe Premiere Pro 23.6 with ARRIRAW files from our ALEXA 35 SUP 1.1
Adobe has already been informed about the problem and there will be a fix for Adobe Premiere Pro.