Importing ARRIRAW folders to premiere pro

General discussion
Gaspedalo

Hi!
I've got a bunch of shots from an arri alexa XT that are arriraw. I'd like to import them to Premiere (latest version), but when I import folders it takes forever and each file becomes a clip. So my only option at this point is to go into each folder and import each clip separately by clicking on the first file in the corresponding folder. So instead of editing I would only ... ahh, that's too awkward.

Are there any Premiere users who have a workaround to this mess?
Tnka you!
Jan Heugel

Dear Daniel,
I'm sorry, that is the current state im Premiere.
We're talking to Adobe to address our wishes, but that is as much we can do.

Feel free to use this form: https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html to improve Premiere.

Cheers,
Jan
Jan Heugel
Application Engineer
thomas32

Hi,
To import multiple files: Hold down the Control key to select multiple files, then click Open. To import a folder of files: Locate and select the folder you want to import, then click Folder. A new bin is created in the Project window, containing the contents of the folder.
To get more information contact me on https://gbfunda.com/gbwhatsapp-download/ which I install from [sine=1]GBFunda
Last edited by thomas32 on Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:34 am, edited 6 times in total.
accusetailor

thomas32 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:31 am Hi,
To import multiple files: Hold down the Control key to select multiple files, then click Open. To import a folder of files: Locate and select the folder you want to import, then click Folder. A new bin is created in the Project window, containing the contents of the folder.
To get more information contact me on https://gbfunda.com/gbwhatsapp-download/ which I install from [sine=1]GBFunda basket random
Very useful for me. Many thanks.
Jan Heugel

Hi guys,

still, importing an ARRIRAW sequence does not work. *.ari files are not recognized as a file sequence. Once you navigate to a sequence within a folder, the "image sequence" checkbox remains greyed-out.
Importing multiple folders containing an ARRIRAW image sequence gives you exactly these folders within Premiere with single frames. Premiere can display the sinlge frames. But sadly - that's it.

Cheers,
Jan
Jan Heugel
Application Engineer
GBAppss

Hi,
Jan Heugel

Hey GBAppss,

I have to correct myself: importing a frame of an *.ari file sequence works - but it is not indicated as such in the dialogue (checkbox does not say/automatically check "image sequence):
Bildschirmfoto 2023-01-09 um 14.01.48.jpg

But it imports/displays fine as an image sequence:
Bildschirmfoto 2023-01-09 um 14.10.01.jpg

If you import a folder or more folders, each *.ari frame is being imported as a sequence. So one folder containing one clip becomes one folder containing as many clips as the clip has frames:
Bildschirmfoto 2023-01-09 um 14.12.15.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jan Heugel
Application Engineer