LUTS

Jeff Maher

This Tuesday, November the 29th will be my first time shooting with Alexa35 for a commercial. I went to a workshop on the camera and have a limited time to do tests this Monday. That said, in the past when shooting RED or Alexa Mini, the colourist has created LUTS for me to load into the camera. With regard to the Alexa35, are the Arri luts already in the camera, or do I need to create them and upload them using the Arri Tool? I tried to find them using the CAMERA SIMULATOR on this site but it only showed that the default LUT (which I imagine is Arri's standard 709 lut) was available. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Anders Holck

If you mean the ARRI look library, then its included in the camera.

Compared to the mini look library, you can now adjust the level of the look with a slider.

As you might know the Lookfile is now separate from the output device transform (rec709/st2084/rec2020 etc)
The default look is neutral + the chosen output transform eg. Rec709 for SDR monitors.
Your Colorist needs to make a LUT without the 709 transform included, compared to alf2. As the transform is applied in the output of the camera
Anders Holck DFF

Instagram/Facebook: andersholck
info@andersholck.com
+4526799726